One of my very favorite weekend activities is to go to a farmers market. It’s always something I like to do when I’m visiting a new place. I love the vendors, the flowers, the fresh berries and the produce.
Here are my favorite farmer’s markets in or near Washington State are (in no particular order):
- Issaquah: This never gets any credit, but it’s a great market. Reasonably priced food, great flowers, and great food vendors. Did I mention the $5 flower bouquets? The only downside is that it is only open on Saturdays.
- Olympia: It is located in a permanent structure, and is open Thur-Sun in the summertime. There are a lot of food options including meat, bakeries, and produce. Once I saw Christine Gregoire there when she was the governor.
- Bellingham: I’ve only been once, but I remember thinking that it was a great market. It has a lot of local merchants, and we ate some Ethiopian food.
- Port Townsend: It’s been a few years since I’ve been there, but it’s always been a favorite of mine.
- Moscow, ID: Okay this is technically 8 miles outside of Washington State, but I regularly went to this market when I lived in Pullman. We enjoyed the Filipino food vendor, and buying fresh peaches.
- Ballard: Always a favorite, and it’s open year round.
What farmer’s market is your favorite?